JVATiTD publishes the following article types:
- Letter to the editor: a letter to the editor may contain a re-analysis of a previously published article; a study that may not cover ‘standard research’ but that is of general interest to the journal; or a brief report of research findings adequate for the journal’s scope.
- Review: review articles provide concise and precise updates on the latest progress made in specific research areas within the scope of JVATiTD.
- Research: articles containing the results of original research (work reporting scientifically sound experiments and providing a substantial amount of new information).
- Short report: studies on important preliminary research findings, ongoing research projects or results of limited significance.
- Case report: a detailed report of the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of an individual patient.